Referrals can be made by phone, email, post or via our Contact Us page.
All referrals will be discussed by the team at our weekly meeting on a Wednesday morning, where we will decide on the best course of action for the individual. Usually our Link Worker will make contact and arrange a visit to find out what is important to the person and how we can support them to achieve this. The Link Worker will then signpost and/or refer on to other services provided by ourselves or other organisations.
The services that we provide include:
- befriending and telephone befriending
- support to people with life limiting illnesses and their families
- support for people with memory problems and their families, including Memory Cafes
- support for people with mental health needs
- intensive support for people who are actively working towards specific goals with our Wellbeing Co-ordinators and Help Overcome Problems Effectively course
- transport to medical appointments (there is a suggested donation for each trip)
- home help service for practical support with things like cleaning, laundry and shopping (there is a £13.50 per hour fee for this service)
- a pen pals intergenerational project where we match clients with year six pupils at a local primary school
- support for people who have recently been discharged from hospital